The Round 2 of Free Content Update Includes New Actions and Open-Zone Gameplay Features!
June 26, 2023 – The second massive free content update for Sonic Frontiers (PlayStation®4, PlayStation®5, Nintendo Switch™, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Steam) was launched, June 24, 2023. A new trailer containing details about the update has also been released.
Sonic’s Birthday Bash Update Overview
• Birthday Party Decoration
Switch the islands’ appearance and Sonic’s outfit to a birthday theme.
• Action Chain Challenge
Enjoy using Score Attacks across the Starfall Islands in this entertaining, new feature! Try aiming for a high score!
• New Skill: Spin Dash
By fulfilling certain conditions, the new Spin Dash ability can be unlocked for Sonic. Spin Dashes allow you to attack enemies while moving. This will speed up your adventure to new heights, so try to discover how to unlock it!
• New Collectable Koco
New types of Koco can now be found across the Starfall Islands. Bringing them to Elder Koco will increase Sonic’s boost gauge.
• Status Map
Your progress, such as the number of guardians or Portal missions cleared, will now be displayed when moving between islands, during the island selection screen, or after clearing an island.
• “Frontier Elite” costume
After fulfilling various conditions, you will be rewarded with the “Frontier Elite” costume. Enjoy Sonic Frontiers to the fullest to obtain this rare prize!
• New Game+
New Game+ can now be selected from the title screen after beating the game. This mode allows players to start from the beginning while keeping their skills and upgrades from the previous playthrough.
• Various Additional Features and Improvements
After receiving feedback from Sonic Frontiers players, we have made the following adjustments:
• The deceleration speed when jumping can now be changed.
• An icon will now be displayed when new content is added to Extras.
• Music shifts in Cyber Space caused by certain effects can now be toggled on and off.
• Adjusted the difficulty of the towers on Rhea Island when playing on Easy.
• An icon will now be displayed in Cyber Space results if an additional action or function was used.
• Clear times in Arcade Mode, Cyber Space Challenge, and Battle Rush can now be reset.
• The skill camera can now be toggled to best suit your playstyle.
• Sonic’s inertia before he stops can now be adjusted.
• The boost speed retained when airborne can now be adjusted.
• 24 songs have been added to the Juke Box, and a Sound Memory has been added to each island.
Fixes for some known bugs have also been implemented.
New Trailer Showcasing the “Sonic’s Birthday Bash Update”!
A new trailer covering the second massive free content update for Sonic Frontiers has been released on YouTube. Make sure to check it out here!
About Sonic Frontiers
Zoom through a vast archipelago with Sonic’s supersonic speed in Sonic Frontiers, a boundless action-adventure game!
The story takes the stage in the Starfall Islands, an unknown area where an ancient civilization sleeps. Sonic’s new adventure begins in a land full of mysterious ruins and eerie enemies.
This title features the next generation of stage-clearing action by combining all of the levels into a seamless “OpenZone” world. There are Challenges scattered all over the place, so you can enjoy high-velocity gameplay without being bound to the confines of a “Course”.
The map is packed with tons of other things to do, such as Battles, Puzzles, and Cyber Space levels, and how you proceed is entirely up to you!