We thought about letting you guys know which ones we're picking up for this season, thinking that it would help those with less time to know more about what each series will giving us in the next few days. We're definitely going to change our watchlist as the weeks go on, as many of us know, things get more or less interesting for each series, and we're bound to drop a show or pick up a new one later on.
- Buddy Complex - after watching the roller coaster feels ride that was Valvrave the Liberator, there is still a big deal of expectation from me to hope Buddy Complex will do better.
- Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren - although not as hyped as I was when the first season aired, I am looking forward what misadventures Rika and the gang has in store this time.
- Hamatora - even though not much was given about its plot, I am a big sucker for sci-fi x fantasy crossovers with a mystery case added in the package. Also, Oosaka Ryota (Maou Sadao, Tokishima Haruto).
- Nisekoi - I've been following the manga, even until now (despite nothing much happening with the recent chapters, I somehow remain loyal to it), and I just can't wait to see how each of the main characters get animated, Shaft (Shinbou) style. With ClariS performing for the opening theme, Uchiyama Kouki and Kana Hanazawa as part of the main cast, it was too much of a bait for me to not ignore.
- Nobunaga the Fool - There's a bunch of historical figures going out on war, plus a star-studded cast. Who wouldn't want to see Miyano Mamoru (Nobunaga), Hikasa Yoko (Jean of Arc) and Tomokazu Sugita (Leonardo da Vinci) all in the same show?
- Noragami - Always been a sucker for Japanese folklore, so this one was a strong catch on my radar. BONES animation also never fails to impress me, and I'm excited to see what they have in store for us in this series.
- Seitokai Yakuindomo * - Sex humor and Suzu. 'nuff said.
- SPACE☆DANDY - As much as I've joined the Kill la Kill hype train (and enjoyed it 'til it came crashing), I want to see how much of an adventure (or misadventure) Space Dandy is going to be. This, and their site is one of the most enjoyable designs I've seen for this season.
- Wake Up Girls! - Just to see if Yamakan will save anime for real this time, through idols.
- Toaru Hikuushi e no Koiuta - Airplanes, hurrah! Despite having scenes focusing on aerial combat, I am more looking forward to the dramatic scenes brought about by the characters, especially the vengeful Prince Kalel Albus, and how Claire will change him as the weeks go.
- Buddy Complex – Awesome trailer. Judging by the synopsis and the scenes in the PV, it looks like omething like a cross between Boku Kanojo Renai Mokuroku & Gundam, which are both themes that I would definitely subscribe to.
- Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren – Picking it up because of Mori Summer.
- Inari Konkon, Koi Iroha. – having read the manga, I believe this one will be interesting to watch animated (if they stick to the story, that is.)
- Mahou Sensou – I’ve been trying so hard to read this novel in raw Japanese until my brain fried at about two months ago. Getting its own anime lets me in on the story finally (and tells me whether I’ve read it correctly or not @[email protected])
- Mikakunin de Shinkoukei – Again, this is by judging by its trailer and its synopsis. Having someone strange to arrive suddenly in life and then have that same person be involved in your life sounds interesting. I just don’t hope it doesn’t degrade into moar drama.
- Nisekoi – Another manga-turned anime title. Hilarious and somehow fun to read in manga, this is something I’ll look forward to watching.
- Noragami – I’ve been curious about Japanese folklore, having spending a lot of time on Wiki articles and such, so I’ll definitely look into this. Also, that mystery behind the god’s history is a hook that I’d gladly attach myself to.
- Nourin – I love idol-turned-normal-people characters; the way I liked Rise Kujikawa (Persona 4), Kanon (Kaminomi) and Ruka (Hayate no Gotoku), and I root for them despite knowing that they’ll usually lose or aren’t canon to the story. But, I digress; these idol characters are usually decked out and have a good personality combination that makes me feel for them more than the rest. Will definitely pick this one up this season.
- Oneechan ga Kita – Premise is totally messed-up. But, what the heck, this may be interesting. Will watch for entertainment.
- Pupa – Wasn’t this supposed to be for last season? I will watch this for more horrorz.
- Saikin, Imouto no Yousu ga Chotto Okashiin da ga. – I get the feeling this is an interesting mix for a typical plot idea. It has potential, so I’ll be picking it up.
- Seitoukai Yakuindomo * - Loved the humor in the previous season. So I’ll definitely watch this one.
- Strange+ - I love strange things. Therefore, as the title is, will like Strange+.
- Toaru Hikuushi e no Koiuta – Another mix of a used plot; will see if it does it well.
The anime folder icons for this season are almost done, too! I might release the icon pack sometime this weekend. I just need to zip everything, upload and post it as soon as I'm finished. What shows are you picking up this season? Our comment section is always open, and you can join us on our Facebook page for trailer videos, images, upcoming activities and more!